swapping chapters 3 and 4

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 18 10:24:55 PDT 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:30:03PM +0200, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> This is easily corrected, but...  Wouldn't it be a good idea to bring
> the section on creating directories back to chapter 4?
> Because I liked the progession in this chapter, the progression from
> blank space to structured tree: partition, make fs; mount fs, make dirs.

Though I agree with that sentiment I don't think moving it back is the best
idea, especially considering that we now 'su' to the 'lfs' user to create
the directories, something that doesn't really fit in chapter 4 -  chap4
prepares a partition (or more than one) and that's done as root. Chapter 5
is a seperate section where we stop being root. The distinction is clearer
and neater by starting a new chapter.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org