keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 18 12:53:13 PDT 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:50:40PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'm beginning a test build now to see what exactly needs to be changed in
> the book. If things go smoothly (i only need an hour or two to finish an
> LFS installation) I may have all the notes ready here, then compare them
> with an older set of notes written up by Mark Hymers and commit changes to
> CVS.

As it looks, I'm going to do a few things differently from what the hint is
describing. First of all I'm looking at $LFS/static as a purely temporary
thing that we use in the book so I'm not even going to bother with a
seperate $LFS/usr directory. Just one bin directory $LFS/static/bin that
holds everything so we can do away with all the copying moving and removing
of binaries (like we do now with for example bzip2 stuff - moving from
$LFS/usr/bin to $LFS/bin so it'll match whatever we do in chapter 6). The
only 'extra' subdirectory I currently have in $LFS/static is the 'src'
directory where I do all the building just to keep things uncluttered.

Since it's not yet Monday/Tuesday you got a few days to comment on this and
tell me why I shouldn't do this and stick to a $LFS/static/usr directory
and keep on moving things from $LFS/static/usr/bin to $LFS/static/bin

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org