clear screen on exit - was Re: Console i18n(fonts).

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat May 18 18:57:17 PDT 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:25:11PM -0400, timothy bauscher wrote:
> echo clear >> ~/.bash_logout

Again, not what I was looking for. Try the alias, it's nice. :) BTW, the
reason that I don't want it in .bash_logout, is I don't need another
file just for one lousy clear screen. I don't use issue, either, because
I don't want all the bootup stuff to immediately be cleared. Using
shift-pgup doesn't always show the lines at the very end of the boot
process, nor on my machine can I scroll all the way to the very
beginning of the boot process if I've used clear screen. I want the
first login prompt right below the last boot line and then when I do
login and then log back out, that's when I want a clear screen. :)

--
Archaic
--

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org