fileutils 4.1

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun May 19 02:40:11 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 13:17:09 -0400 Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:50:52PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > I don't think it's that serious. It's difficult to get it to work. The
>
> So I rather just mention a patch exists to fix a race condition in
> recursive deletes and leave it at that. If somebody's interested, grab
> the patch read up on what it does and apply it.

A pointer to the description of the problem would be useful, IMHO. Knowing
about the issue is more important than having a patch. If you know about
the issue you don't need the patch because you can avoid dangerous
actions. But if you don't know about the issue, then there is always a
small chance you might become a victim. If some LFS user is attacked I
don't want to be the one to blame, just because I said "It's difficult to
get it to work.".

MSB

--
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org