keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun May 19 04:43:15 PDT 2002

It is widely believed that on Sat, 18 May 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 09:30:57PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > I'd say create symlinks that are needed during a package installation, but
> > then remove them as soon as we're done installing the package. It's a
> > little bit extra work but I like it better that way.
>
> At the moment (in my notes, not in in CVS) I'm doing the same for things
> like /dev/null - it's created during Glibc installation but we need it for
> the linux header installation too. Create it, then remove it (and create it
> properly with all the other device files during the makedev installation).

 I've never understood why MAKEDEV comes after installing glibc. Once
you've built static versions of mount and umount you can do a lot more if
the devices are there, such as running existing scripts from the user
lfs's home directory mounted at /home/lfs.

Ken
--
Listen to others, even to the dull and ignorant;
     for you too may be a Manager some day.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org