clear screen on exit - was Re: Console i18n(fonts).

Martin Neubauer m.ne at gmx.net
Sun May 19 03:08:53 PDT 2002

At 20:57 18.05.02 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:25:11PM -0400, timothy bauscher wrote:
> > echo clear >> ~/.bash_logout
>
>Again, not what I was looking for. Try the alias, it's nice. :) BTW, the
>reason that I don't want it in .bash_logout, is I don't need another
>file just for one lousy clear screen. I don't use issue, either, because
>I don't want all the bootup stuff to immediately be cleared. Using
>shift-pgup doesn't always show the lines at the very end of the boot
>process, nor on my machine can I scroll all the way to the very
>beginning of the boot process if I've used clear screen. I want the
>first login prompt right below the last boot line and then when I do
>login and then log back out, that's when I want a clear screen. :)

What I do is having two /etc/issue's. Then I modify /etc/inittab to contain

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9600 -f /etc/issue.noclear

That way I keep the boot messages and clear the screen on logout on the
other ttys.

Martin Neubauer

--

The only person getting their homework done by Friday .... was Robinson Crusoe

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org