keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Kevan Shea biffcool at zombieworld.com
Mon May 20 07:43:03 PDT 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 04:28:00PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> When we enter chroot we need to mount proc, so we need a static mount. I
> don't see the point of installing all of util-linux statically in chapter
> 5, so we'll just build mount and umount statically. So we'll be adding a
> package to chapter 5, but it's not that big of a deal.

When I did my last LFS I used the keep_separate hint, but I skipped
making the static mount and umount by just mounting proc before
chrooting.  I know it's probably not quite philosophically the same, but
it was a whole lot easier, and removed a package from the static
compile.

--
Kevan Shea

"Industrious people create industry.