username "frommie" instead of "lfs"?

Nicholas Dille darkyeti at gmx.net
Mon May 20 14:18:44 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:05:57PM +0200, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> > > Who comes up with a shorter and better name?
> >
> > lfs
> > This is the shortest and most descriptive one.
>
> It is short -- but we are good typers.
> And descriptive?  Hardly.  This is just the scratch part, the building
> of scaffolds, the things we throw away in chapter 6.

<lotasnips />

i think this is creative energy best spent on more important issues like
testing out a newly released version of a package and check whether it
still works with the current command in the book.

see it that way: the book provides you with a command how to create a
user. in case someone did not know that command s/he can give it a try.
otherwise s/he can simply use this as a blueprint or a reminder to
create a user with a name s/he deems most appropriate for the machine.

just my two cents,
nic.

--
rakshas at quietude / 7793747 / rakshas dot de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org