GCC-3.1 final

Jesse McCrosky mccrosky at ualberta.ca
Mon May 20 19:18:24 PDT 2002


The vim problem is due to gcc returning a warning about the search order 
for include directories during the tests for header files.  The vim 
configure script interperets the warning as an error.  I'm not sure 
exactly why, my knowledge of regexs is a little limited.  If someone who 
knows a little more could take a look at the script, we could probably 
make a decent patch (and bug report?).

jesse McCrosky

Michael Brömer wrote:
> I build LFS-CVS20020511 using gcc-3.1 and had no
> major problems. I just replaced gcc-2.95.3 with
> gcc-3.1. I did not use the ncurses patch. Everything
> was build using -O3 -march=i686 (except gcc and glibc)
> 
> The build took about 50% longer than with gcc-2.95.3,
> about 1h instead of 42m.
> 
> Just 2 packages did not compile out of the box,
> vim-6.1 and perl-5.6.1
> 
> vim-6.1 gives me this error:
> gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -DSYS_VIMRC_FILE=\"/etc/vimrc\"  -g -O2
>      -o objects/fileio.o fileio.c
>      fileio.c: In function `readfile':
>      fileio.c:473: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:473: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>      fileio.c:473: for each function it appears in.)
>      fileio.c: In function `buf_write':
>      fileio.c:2671: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:2671: `O_WRONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:2671: `O_EXCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:2693: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:3205: `O_APPEND' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:3205: `O_TRUNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c: In function `vim_rename':
>      fileio.c:4912: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:4915: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:4915: `O_EXCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      fileio.c:4915: `O_WRONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
>      make[1]: *** [objects/fileio.o] Fehler 1
> 
> perl-5.6.1 did compile after setting "locincpth" to "" 
> in Configure and removing he targets "built-in" and 
> "command line" from makefile and x2p/makefile. 
> Make test worked. 
> 
> Other packages not compiling out of the box are:
> 1 .) libungif--4.1.0b1
> 2 .) libmng-1.0.3
> 3 .) htdig-3.1.6
> 4 .) libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3
> 
> libungif compiles if the line
> 
>>#define HAVE_VARARGS_H 1
> 
> in config.h is removed.
> 
> For libmng-1.0.3 configure fails with
> "checking for zlib.h... no"
> "configure: error: zlib header not found"
> 
> Same for htdig.
> 
> libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 fails with
> "SDL.h not found"
> 
> Of course all needed headers are installed.
> 
> Apart from these packages, everything seems
> to compile just fine, X, Mozilla, etc.
> From KDE3 i build arts, libs and base so far.
> 
> Michael
> 
> 

-- 
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-dev' in the subject header of the message



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list