GCC-3.1 final

Michael W Daniels daniels at ling.ohio-state.edu
Tue May 21 05:00:31 PDT 2002

At 08:18 PM 5/20/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>The vim problem is due to gcc returning a warning about the search order
>for include directories during the tests for header files.  The vim
>configure script interperets the warning as an error.  I'm not sure
>exactly why, my knowledge of regexs is a little limited.  If someone who
>knows a little more could take a look at the script, we could probably
>make a decent patch (and bug report?).

Some packages build with -Werror, which turns all compiler warnings into
fatal errors. The directory-search order thing is new with gcc-3.1, and
counts as a warning, which -Werror converts into an error. You can either
edit the Makefile to remove -Werror (some packages will have a configure
option to do this) or add the switch mentioned in the warning message to
your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS before configuring.

--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
daniels at ling.ohio-state.edu |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org