keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 21 05:44:21 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:43:15PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  I've never understood why MAKEDEV comes after installing glibc. Once

MAKEDEV needs Glibc. At least it used to a while ago - it wanted to
chown/chgrp and that can't be done without Glibc installed.

However, a patch was applied to Makedev so it can fall back to parsing
/etc/group and /etc/passwd directly. Perhaps we should just do that,
there's nothing really wrong with it. It are the same files Glibc would use
anyways....opinions anybody?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org