keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 21 05:46:40 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 02:28:06PM +0100, James Iwanek wrote:
> if we moved gcc before glibc in chapter 6 then we could skip creation of a
> c++ compiler in chapter 5 - - this would then justify the extra time
> required to compile the extra packages needed for gcc/glibc & the kernel

That's already planned (see Bugzilla). I'm planning on making that change
very soon after this keep-seperate hint. I'm not sure if I want to do this
GCC change with 2.95.3 or first upgrade to gcc-3.1 and then make the
change. I think I'll do a full package update then make more of these
changes (would save me some work in the long run).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org