keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 21 05:50:24 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 03:22:55AM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> (Don't forget makedev now has MSB's alterations in which mean that it
> doesn't need glibc installed to work) That should get rid of the
> /dev/null problem.  /bin/pwd could then be made as a one-off for
> kernel-headers with /bin/sh made for glibc, gcc and ncurses before being
> removed for bash.
>
> Would that work?

It would probably work (haven't looked at the dependency lists yet to make
sure we're not forgetting anything. We probably are...murphy's law and
all).

Do you propose to create /bin/sh before glibc, leave it in place until
after 'make install' on bash? Or create it before Glibc, then remove it at
the end, recreate it before Ncurses, remove after, and so on?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org