keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 21 09:46:14 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 02:06:18PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> I think sed is much nicer.

Nicer isn't the issue. Easier is. Read my email again. There are packages
that use more than just one configure script for starters, GCC and Binutils
are two good examples. Then there are all kinds of scripts. Pretty much
every configure script will want to execute a config.guess script and
possibly other scripts. We'd have to sed them all. We'd have to go through
the entire source tree to find every script that may be employed at some
point and sed it. Or simply create one symlink which will take care of it
all. A lot less hassle. Simplicity wins it over 'niceness' in this case.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org