gcc-3.1 and Vim 6.1

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Wed May 22 17:53:32 PDT 2002

Okay, I know this has been brought up before, but I wanted to make it real
clear as I personally had a bit of trouble finding it in the mailing list
archives.  Seemed to me the best fix for the problems was to coment out both
/usr/local tests in the configure script.  Would someone care to upload a
patch for this?  I'd do it but have no idea how to write a patch file.  The
actual configure script is located at
$LFS_BUILD_DIR/vim61/src/auto/configure.  Somewhere (depending on what patch
level you are at) between lines 1164 (6.1) and 1193 (6.1.081) are where to
find them. Simply coment out the test lines (if then statements) for the
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.  I don't think this is a problem with
LFS as we are not currently using these directories (to the best of my
knowledge).  Anyone care to coment on this more, please as I'm a far far far
cry from a programmer or guru or anything else who know what the heck I'm
doing!! ;-)

Hope this is usefull,

D.J. Lucas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org