Ada, static chapter 5, and chapter 6

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 23 03:44:44 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:00:53PM +0200, Michael Br?mer wrote:
> Any special reason for --with-slibdir=/lib instead of using
> the default /usr/lib for the shared libgcc libraries in
> chapter 5 and 6?

Because libgcc.so is now linked again'st all binaries and is needed to
be in the correct location in certain cases.  Consider having /usr on a
different partition and not mounted nor available untill after the
initial bootup and init takes over.. well, that's kind of hard todo if
you have a lib in /usr/lib and every single program in /bin and /sbin
need. (unless they are static, but that's not how we do things)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org