keep-5-6-sep going in Monday'ish

Christophe Devine devine at debiam.org
Thu May 23 13:33:18 PDT 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> In your hint you propose a series of package order installation changes to
> prevent hard-wiring of /static/bin/* files into the final installed
> programs. How recent is this list? A few packages have updated recently and
> I'm wondering if you kept track whether or not certain hard-wires are still
> taking place. If you didn't keep track then I'll re-test the changes you
> explained in your Appendix A to make sure they are still true.

 I've applied the hint on a very recent version of CVS (namely, 20020515)
and after the build + removal of $LFS/static + stripping symbols, grepped
through all $LFS for occurences of /static/; none have been found ( results
can be reproduced using http://devine.nerim.net/Makefile ).
 Therefore it's very likely that the package order suggested by the hint
is still valid.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org