Back...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 23 16:26:22 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:34:04PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> peak framerates with my Radeon DDR VIVO 64MB card in Quake3 with sync
> off hit *400* FPS! (1024x768). (average is about 80FPS).

Do I need to do anything special to turn sync off? My FPS is stuck at 90
FPS in Quake3. It doesn't even fluctuate, it's a solid number, which makes
it feel the card isn't taxed to it's limits and possibly can do more
(GeForce2 Ti 64 MB DDR)

> kernel compile in 140 seconds (from a warm cache).
>
> Im back, riding atop a screaming monster! :)

Welcome to the club. I'm also quite content with my new beast (intel p4 2.2
ghz, pretty much the same performance as your xp1800 (if yours isn't
better which it probalby is in terms of raw performance))

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org