Back...

Richard A Downing FBCS richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Fri May 24 00:50:02 PDT 2002

I hope and trust you are not going to assume Pentium class machines for LFS,
my 33Mhz 16Meg 486 still runs very nicely - even if compiling Glibc takes
most of the day, and the 14 inch VGA monitor can just manage 800x600!

It's a matter of pride that I'm running bleeding edge Linux on it, when my
friends with Windows have to shell out 1000's every year not just to buy
the latest bug-riden Redmond garbage, but also a supercomputer to run it
(rather slowly) on.

It's all very well for you young fellas with deep pockets you know, but some
of us oldies are retired and living on a pension...

Richard.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org