Book Note? Was Re: Ada, static chapter 5, and chapter 6

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri May 24 05:03:35 PDT 2002

Hi Folks,

The below sparked a thought. As folks get experienced, they
will (hopefully) have the urge to do such things as move various
directories to separate partitions. Some (most?) will not be
aware of the potential problems, such as below.

Although it is not a topic that I think should be fully discussed
in the books, I was wondering if some kind of a note to help them
avoid some of the problems might be in order. Where and what it
would say, I have not thought of.

I feel this becomes a more likely issue as one moves into
BLFS and starts adding large, relatively unchanging things.
Especially if they are aware of the small gains in "robust-
ness" against various events this provides.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com