Fw: Re: which c++-filt and libiberty

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat May 25 03:14:24 PDT 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002 00:56:18 +0000 Mark Hymers
<markh at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > > Binutils and GCC both install c++-filt and libiberty. Which one
> > > should I keep? Does it matter at all?
> >
> > For the most part, it doesn't matter.  Just pick the more recently
> > released one.
>

> But we can't keep swapping the package order each time a new version is
> released

Regarding c++filt, the way I do it is to rename the one from binutils to
cxxfilt. I use a sed on the Makefile but maybe

make DEMANGLER_NAME=cxxfilt

works, too. The command could be put in or removed depending on which
package is more uptodate.

MSB

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org