creating directorys, CVS

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 26 15:20:52 PDT 2002

On Sun, 26, May, 2002 at 02:23:52PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:13:56AM +0200, Dieter Schmitz wrote:
> > cd $LFS &&
> > chmod 0750 root &&
> > chmod 1777 tmp var/tmp
> >
> > I think $LFS should be replaced by "cd /"
>
> Yes you're right, and Mark Hymers fixed it already.
[snip]

Argh.. I did write an email to say I'd done it, unfortunately I must've
hit 'r' instead of 'L' in mutt so I only sent it to Dieter instead of
lfs-dev.

Here's a copy for the record:

--------------
Correct. I've changed it.

I've also made a couple of other changes to chapter 6:

* Removed the reference about changing to root from the lfs user and to
  chown'ing $LFS/proc from mountproc.xml
* Reworded the part about re-entering chroot and remounting proc if
  you've left for any reason in chroot.xml (needed changing due to
  reorganisation)
* Removed $LFS from the explanation in kernel-exp.xml (the commands were
  right, the explanation just hadn't changed)

We also need to move the section about copying sources to $LFS/usr/src
in creatingdirs.xml but I don't have time to figure out where to put it
now.

Mark

Mark (who is now off to learn to press the right reply key)

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org