Just remarks

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 26 15:22:45 PDT 2002

On Sun, 26, May, 2002 at 02:37:23PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> Actually the times are the average of a few systems (533 mhz, 750 mhz, 1ghz
> and another one). They are going to be redone very soon: as soon as the
> current batch of waiting package upgrades are going into the book (most
> notably the gcc-3.1 upgrade) we'll redo all of the times and disk space
> requirement, and this time list what systems are used. People with
> different configurations can then submit their own times to be taken into
> account.

Actually, I'm still interested in the concept of what used to be called
"ed-times" but would now more logically be "static-bash-times".  I.e.
instead of giving a specific time, make it a multiple of this.

Did we ever look to see if this produced consistent results?  If not,
next time I do a build I'll calculate it for me and then we can try
asking a few people to submit them and see if it works.

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org