Just remarks

Davy Brion davy.brion at pandora.be
Sun May 26 15:09:11 PDT 2002

On Monday 27 May 2002 00:15, Ian Molton wrote:
> I vote no.
>
> basically, even two 1GHz systems can have markedly different
> compile times (compiling is quite IO and RAM dependant.
>
> I think one system is enough of a guuide.

why not just leave it out alltogether?
the odds of those numbers actually being close to being right for ur
system are small and besides, is it really _that_ important that the
user knows how long it might compile on his system only to find out
later that it may have taken twice as long, or even more, or a lot
less, or ....
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org