Ping Gerard

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sun May 26 15:48:41 PDT 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:

> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 08:20:17PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
>>> Thanks Christophe,  have just built several LFS systems with
>>> static fileutils sccidently missed out -  no command there.
>>
>> you mean findutils
>>
>>> So --  Is it really needed.  The only marked dependancy is
>>> Linux, and my headers are going in just file
>>
>> You need it to setup the kernel headers. 'make mrproper' uses find
>> and xargs.

I think we are both wrong, have searched logs but it is late, but
tomorrow is another day.

The requirement is that a static version of findutils is needed in
Chapter 6, before the dynamic version is built.

So;  I do not think it is required. So here goes my big mouth.

The static build of findutils in  Chapter 5 is not needed.

Would you like to prove me wrong, or shall I raise a Bugzilla report?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org