why gcc-3.1?

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Sun May 26 21:37:34 PDT 2002

Other than just being first-on-the-block, what are the advantages of gcc-3.1
over gcc-2.95.3?  Is gcc-3.1 planned for the next LFS?  Sounds spooky to me.
I notice the guru's here all catching errors and making patches just trying
to get a base system running.  Is a system built with gcc-3.1 going to be a
safe production system?  What about those of us who don't know how to turn a
compile error into a patch and yet find ourselves needing packages that no
one here has any need for or experience with?
--
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org