why gcc-3.1?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 27 05:20:48 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 11:37:34PM -0500, Albert Wagner wrote:
> I notice the guru's here all catching errors and making patches just trying

We only patch up ncurses, perl and vim. And, if you go to those project
sites you will find development versions and other kind of patches that
already fixed this gcc-3.1 problem. But, we don't want to upgrade ncurses,
perl and vim to the latest development snapshot, so instead what we did is
get those patches and extract only the gcc-3.1 fixes from it, while leaving
the rest of the source intact. This way the package won't be upgraded to
lastest development but will compile with GCC-3.1

The next releases of ncurses, vim and perl will all work just fine without
patches.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org