Upgraded all packages to current (except lilo)

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon May 27 07:07:11 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 08:16:24AM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> > released a couple of weeks ago on the sourceware site. I guess
> > they forgot to upload it ftp.gnu.org.
> >
> > It can be grabbed from ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/binutils
>
> Should this one be used as the new primary site then since it apparently is
> updated there first before ftp.gnu.org

Interesting point.. The same is true for both Glibc and GCC. I know
this from past experience when eagerly anticipating new releases.

The only trouble is, I have noticed on occasion that the sourceware
site becomes unavailable (I think they sometimes limit anon' connections
when it gets busy - not sure if this is still the case)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org