A little bug, makes the HTML book less readable

Peter van Kampen news at datatailors.com
Mon May 27 07:32:35 PDT 2002

In article <20020527125036.GA2082 at linuxfromscratch.org>,
Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 02:31:54PM +0200, Fernando Arbeiza wrote:
>> 	Ouch, you're right. I should have tested it with Mozilla
>> before posting here. But I'm using w3m and it seems it doesn't
>> recognize the <br/> tag. Is <br/> a valid HTML flag?
>
> I know it's valid XHTML (that is XML HTML) which most common and recent
> browsers support.  However mixing it up with plain HTML problably isn't
> a good idea.
>
> --
> Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee  ( highos at linuxfromscratch dot org )

Check http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/xhtml_syntax.asp.

<quote>
IMPORTANT
Compatibility Note:

To make your XHTML compatible with today's browsers, you should add an
extra space before the "/" symbol.
</quote>

So <br /> should work. I have tested with many (windows) browsers and is
seems to work.

Hth,

PterK
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org