Just remarks

Marc Heerdink marc at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 27 16:26:05 PDT 2002

Op ma 27-05-2002, om 15:56 schreef Rui Ferreira:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Bash is the first thing we compile so, ask the user to take note of
> the time taken, then all other times will be:
> Estimated time = Bash_Compile_Time * Some_Value

Suppose you're installing glibc and you're wondering why it takes so
long to compile and how long it will continue. Then you see the
estimated build time, 9 bashies. You'd have to recompile bash to find
out how long that is.

The very short, short, medium, long, very long approach seems a lot
better to me, because someone can make a rough estimate for the time
required (eg. medium is one hour on a 486 100, 5 minutes on Athlon 1GHz,
so about 20 minutes on a P2 350).

[..]

--
         (__)