chapter 5 & 6 format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 27 17:30:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:57:15PM -0400, Craig Hurley wrote:
> I would like to see the package "description and dependancy" information
> for each package in chapter 5 and 6 to be replaced with a link the
> appendix A.  It's a duplication of information and would cut the size of
> the book for all the printer freaks, some of the page view bandwidth,
> and
> the downloadable book sizes.

This was discussed in the past and the end of it was that most people
prefer the way it is. All the clicking back and forth gets annoying. More
importantly, PS and TXT formats don't support hyperlinks so you have to
scroll a few hundred pages up and down all the time, which is far from
pleasant. And no, I'm not going to maintain different LFS book layouts for
the different formats. Not yet anyway.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org