netkit /etc/services vs port-assignments from IANA

Richard Clark rclark at cunning.com
Tue May 28 13:04:18 PDT 2002

My link was for the iputils tarball, not the port numbers.

As for the port numbers, the problem with the one at iana is that it's
not formated in the same way as /etc/services.  Close but not the same.
You have to # out the comments, and the aliases are missing.  There are
also a bunch of unnamed reserved entries, and other text that has to be
cut out.

-RichardC

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org