Just remarks

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 28 18:02:31 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:57:30PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> From my viewpoint, I'd need to have the machine defined and the time it
> took to do bash.  I'd then be calculating each package in minutes from
> that.  I'd rather see the raw minutes and not have to do the
> calculations on each package.
>
> I suppose I could just measure the time it took to compile *my* bash and
> do the calculations from there, but that seems like more work.

If the book gives you the minutes, you still need to do the mental
adjustments back to your hardware. Or if you konw how  long bash took
approximately, multiple it by the number of SBUs in the book to get it that
way. I don't really think one way is more work than the other.

Either way I'm completing this SBU thing first, just to see how feasible it
is. It is turns out to be worthless, at least we can say next time we've
tried it and it didn't work.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org