Collecting SBUs now

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 28 19:21:52 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 03:22:11AM +0200, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> Linux 2.4.18		:  0.53 (Note: seemed exceptionally slow)

When unpacking a large archive like linux you're best off waiting a little
while for caches to flush. When I run the install commands on linux, it
taks a few seconds before it actually starts doing anything while waiting
for the cache. Last time I tried it, it took about 8 to 10 seconds to
flush. Quite a long time, which may explain your numbers too.

> No Glibc time cus the time construction fubared and i was way too lazy
> to recompile the whole thing (which took 'a while') ;)

The exec /static/bin/bash at the bottom causes it.

If you can redo it one of these days to finish off the stats that would be
great.

> Note: link on
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/chapter03/packages.html to the
> ncurses patch needs update ;)