Collecting SBUs now

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 29 19:00:32 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:53:55AM +0000, Ron Peterson wrote:
> I'd be happy to send in some sbus for my PII 300 mhz 192 mb ram. All
> I need to know is what is an sbu?  Just the time to compile bash

sbu = static bash unit

install bash in chapter 5, note down how long it takes. Now install the
rest of an LFS system and with each package note down how long it takes,
then divide it by the how long bash took.

Say bash takes 69 seconds which is 1 SBU
Binutils takes 133 seconds. This divided by 69 is 1.94 so Binutils takes
approximately 1.94 SBUs to install. Repeat for every package.

Use whatever host system you want. Inside chroot it'll be GCC-3.1 (since
that is what the current CVS book uses).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org