Collecting SBUs now

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 30 04:08:40 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:50:03AM +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> Measured: configure + make (no install; too lazy to create DESTDIR)

Then your SBUs don't turn out to be very accurate. It takes time to copy
the files, especially the large static bash binary and on a 200 Mhz machine
like yours it would add a bunch of seconds before it's all done.

> Bash    : static 21 min. 18 sec. [1278 sec.]
> Binutils: static 36 min. 36 sec. [2196 sec.]
> Result  : Binutils SBU = 1.718

Either way, 1.72 as SBU isn't bad. I myself got 1.94, Ronald got 2.1 and
jsmaby got 1.77

I'm looking forward to more of your stats if you plan to do them.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org