shadow: Enabling MD5 passwords by default

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Thu May 30 07:50:08 PDT 2002

i think it would be a good idea to put the code to enable md5 passwords in
the book much like we do with bzip decompression for tar - that's not
exactlly forcing it on users + most people are too lazy (no offence
intended) to read the hints - unless they NEED something extra - if we did
it this way it would increase security awareness - i belive this would fall
under bug #18's juristiction .....

-----
Jay

news:20020528214750.GL26304 at lorien.linuxfromscratch.org...