Collecting SBUs now

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 30 17:05:14 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:24:53PM -0400, jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu wrote:
> 1 SBU 389.19s

Nice SBU. I actually love these stats; they show that SBUs might just work.
Even though your SBU is larger than anything I've seen, the rest is
relatively the same, looking at things like Binutils, GCC and Glibc.
Given a bit of deviation of about 2 to 3, this machine may help proving
SBUs work.

> I'm sure we've all been keeping busy making databases of
> the results so far, and writing code to find the averages.

No not really. I just dumped them into a text file (one file per person,
you got two files yourself now jsmaby and jsmaby2). Nobody sends stuff
in the same format so I'll reformat the files once we've all submitted
stuff then run some kinda script on it. I'll keep your perl script in mind
when the time comes.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org