Collecting SBUs now

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 31 04:23:11 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:11:32AM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> Ch5 was from my base system which means that it was from gcc-2.95.3.  Do
> you want me to do a system from this one I've just built so that I have
> built Ch5 from gcc-3.1?  If so, I'll try and do it sometime at the weekend.

No it's just fine. Mixing different compilers is good. Some used 2.95.3
some used 3.1, the SBUs are still in the same general range, so it's all
good (gcc is a tad slower, but in the grand scheme of things maybe an SBU
or two).

> Oh, and my binutils times are for 2.12.1 which I've just upgraded CVS
> to (used the same build to test both that and my SBUs).

I'm sure 2.12 and 2.12.1 aren't that much different. I'll do a recheck
when/if SBUs go in the book and adjust.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org