Grep 2.5 segmentation fault

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Fri May 31 15:13:48 PDT 2002

I'm currently in chapter 6 of the CVS (20020530).  I'm trying to compile Glibc 2.2.5.  It bombs out at the configure stage as egrep seems to be segfaulting.  Sure enough grep, egrep and fgrep all segfault.  I tried recompiling the static version of grep but it still causes segfaults.  I thought there might be a patch out there that fixes this (like the fileutils one - this also caused segfaults but was rectified by using the patch).

I'm using a Gentoo distro on an AMD Athlon XP box to compile my static stuff up, and it reportedly runs Glibc-2.2.5.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org