MailingList <==> NewsGroup Suggestion(s)

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 07:55:37 PDT 2002

The incidence of people stating "I am not subscribed to mailing list and
so please CC me" has *slowly* started appearing on the lists. IMO, not
subscribing to the mailing list is a pardonable offense, but not
subscribing to NGs is not:)

    * I would like to suggest merging both the mailing list and
      newsgroup sections in Chapter 1 into one single chapter to bring
      home the point that they are identical.
    * Both the mailing list and the corresponding newsgroup can be
      referred to in the same way (e.g. lfs.dev at linuxfromscratch.org for
      the ML and lfs.dev for the NG; for convinience & historical
      reasons, lfs-dev can be aliased to lfs.dev).
    * Now this one is slightly controversial, but maybe the digest mode
      can be removed. The traffic on the lists is not very high. This
      will help in proper threading of replies. For people who prefer
      reading everything at one go, there are always the archives.

Regards,

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377