Perl compile error - not yet resolved

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 1 20:23:26 PDT 2002

On October 1, 2002 08:43 pm, Adam Trilling wrote:
> In my experience as a programmer (both under Linux and Solaris), 99% of
> errors with system headers have nothing to do with the system headers

Well, ain't that just terrific. Not to mention very logical.

> use.  I've always felt like using the automatic configure script for Perl
> was a detriment to the "know exactly what's on your system" advantage of
> LFS, but maybe I'm just paranoid :)

Yes but it takes freaking long to go through all the option where in 99.9% of
the cases you'd just hit enter to accept the defaults.

> (disclaimer: it's exactly that paranoia that drove me to LFS in the first
> place)

Ditto that, but over the years I've become a tad lazy. Maybe it's time to
change back to the old-me ;)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org