MailingList <==> NewsGroup Suggestion(s)

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 2 04:04:45 PDT 2002

On Wed, 02, Oct, 2002 at 12:32:32AM -0500, Tushar Teredesai spoke thus..
> To remove redundancy, the references to the mailing lists should be
> removed from the LFS & BLFS books and instead they should point to the
> webpage that lists all the ML/NGs in detail?

Actually, that's probably the most sensible suggestion I've heard in a
while.  It would avoid having to keep resyncing the data (I noticed that
lfs-chat is missing from the BLFS ML Page the other day; I still haven't
got round to adding it).

Alternatively, we could store the information on shadowfax and simply
have a cronjob which converts it into the required format (HTML /
Docbook XML) and commits it to cvs once a day if something has changed.
That way, it'll always be up-to-date.

Which way would people prefer?

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org