news page on website

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 2 11:18:46 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, [ISO-8859-15] Loïc Prouvèze wrote:

> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
> > This almost seems to me like Jesse's old community.lfs.org site :)
> >
> > I've always wanted to see that return, and have thought about trying to
> > resurrect it myself.
>
> Hello !
>
> I'm happy to show you a french version of clfs.org !
> http://loxsite.dyndns.org/clfs.org/
>
> On the french ML, that was say to do this in differents languages with
> differents address like fr.clfs.org, es.clfs.org ...
>
> What do you think about this ?

I think this is a good thing, but I'd like to point out that there's some
stuff in Apache 2.x to let you do this even more transparently now that
browsers will generally also pass along their locale in their requests.

What it will amount to is that in the case where you have an index.html
file (just an example) translated into say, french, you can have an
index.html, an index.html.en, and and index.html.fr and Apache will spew
out the proper version of the page to the user if they speak English,
French, or POSIX (*chuckle*).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org