news page on website

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Wed Oct 2 12:52:11 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:18:46 -0500 (CDT) dagmar at speakeasy.net wrote:

> > On the french ML, that was say to do this in differents languages with
> > differents address like fr.clfs.org, es.clfs.org ...
> >
> > What do you think about this ?
>
> I think this is a good thing, but I'd like to point out that there's
> some stuff in Apache 2.x to let you do this even more transparently now

Taking user choice away is evil. I absolutely hate it that
www.google.com redirects me to www.google.de (which does not allow me to
disable censorship) just because I happen to be German. As if I'm some
moron who doesn't know which domain he wants. If I want google.de, I will
type it myself!

MSB

p.s.: Of course I know about www.google.com/en

--
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org