news page on website

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 2 13:59:16 PDT 2002

Selon dagmar at speakeasy.net:
> > I'm happy to show you a french version of clfs.org !
> > http://loxsite.dyndns.org/clfs.org/
> > On the french ML, that was say to do this in differents languages with
> > differents address like fr.clfs.org, es.clfs.org ...
> > What do you think about this ?
>
> I think this is a good thing, but I'd like to point out that there's some
> stuff in Apache 2.x to let you do this even more transparently now that
> browsers will generally also pass along their locale in their requests.
>
> What it will amount to is that in the case where you have an index.html
> file (just an example) translated into say, french, you can have an
> index.html, an index.html.en, and and index.html.fr and Apache will spew
> out the proper version of the page to the user if they speak English,
> French, or POSIX (*chuckle*).

Actually, we have a talk about doing an english-only website or some
country-based websites (english, french and perhaps german and spanish as I have
seen german and spanish people doing translations of the LFS book).

But your tip on Apache is really interesting. But, correct me if I am wrong, I
thought Apache 1.3.x did it already?

--
Guillaume.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org