glibc-2.2.5 patch for sparc

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Oct 3 03:19:04 PDT 2002

On 03 Oct 2002 20:18:47 +1200 Zach Bagnall <yem at y3m.net> wrote:

> IvanK - welcome back :-)
>
> If the change does not effect other architectures, I suggest it be added
> into the book

That means more patch-reading for non-SPARC users (who are the majority).
Not everyone applies patches blindly. And if we start incorporating SPARC
patches, we'll have to add PPC,... too and in the end we'll have tons of
patches that the majority doesn't need to read. Patches are a last resort.
There should be as few as possible in the book. I really think that this
should better be in a SPARC hint. Note that there is no minimum size for
hints. A hint that just contains "Apply this patch to glibc and everything
else will work by the book: <patch>" is fine.

MSB
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org