glibc-2.3 is out

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Oct 3 08:00:18 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:47:01PM +1000, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00048.html
>
> Most interesting thing to play with will be prelink. At last
> all those bloated C++ apps might start up a bit quicker..

Compilation defaults to -O which is probably not what we want.

Believe it or not, a couple of math tests fail at -O whereas they pass
at -O2 (test-double & test-idouble - ctan & ctanh)

Using -O2, a full "make check" just passed for me with gcc-3.2 and
binutils-2.13

Will need to tweak CFLAGS to make it -O2 methinks.

Anyone doing test LFS builds with gcc-3.2 will probably want the gcc patch
mentioned at the bottom of this post:-

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00031.html

as stock gcc-3.2 will not build against glibc-2.3. I haven't tried that
patch (yet!).

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org