Perl compile error - not yet resolved

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 3 18:57:53 PDT 2002

On October 2, 2002 03:00 am, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> misconfigured. You should compare the config.log for Perl with and without
> the symlink. This could shed some light on the issue.

Here goes:

config.sh contains the d_attribut variable. It's supposed to be set to
"define" but when using that /opt symlink it gets set to "undef" which causes
the problem. I tested this by configuring perl wihtout the /opt symlink then
edit config.sh chagne define to undef and the compile job would abort with
the same error. Let's see what d_attribut really is.

It's a check to see if the compiler can handle __attribute__ The test then
evaluates the output and if it contains "warning" it means (according to the
test) that the compiler doesn't fully support it. And that's where the /opt
thing comes in: the output contains a "warning" from cc1, perl sees it as
"not fully supported" and there it happens. No idea what __attribute__
actually does, nor do I really care. If anybody else wants to disect it
further go ahead ;)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org