Ready for LFS-4.0 ?

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 4 03:21:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 03, Oct, 2002 at 09:17:20PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> Hey guys,
>
> How many of you have done test builds using RC1 (or later CVS versions though
> nothing substantial has changed other than fixing up the gcc nofixincludes
> patch)? Any weirdness that you guys have enountered?

Fine on this end built from LFS-3.07ish ;-) [It was in between 3.0 and
3.1 ok..]

I can also confirm that 4.0-rc1 can build itself as I build a base
system on my desktop, tarred it up, untarred it on the Mandrake system
which came with my laptop, chrooted into the build and rebuild
LFS-4.0-rc1 again on my laptop (i.e. at one point i was chroot'ed twice
which nearly confused the hell out of me).

So from this end it seems all-go for LFS-4.0.

Mark

"I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will."
     Tony Blair
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org